Kenya Visa Guide
As of September 2015, the Immigration of Kenya now requires a visa prior to entry into The Republic of Kenya including Philippine passport holders. As this can now be done online, it is best to secure your visa to avoid any inconvenience. This will only take 1-3 days.
Note that if you are visiting two or all of the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda- it is best to acquire the Class T12 East Africa Tourist Visa. This is a joint tourist visa that entitles holders to travel to and within the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for the purpose of tourism.
Department of Immigration Services in Kenya
Nyayo House 9th floor, Kenyatta Avenue/Uhuru Highway
P.O Box 30191,00100 Nairobi.
Website: Department of Immigration Services
Tel: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544, +254-20-2218833
Requirements for single journey visa
• Valid travel document not less than six months
• Complete online visa application form
• Return ticket
• Colored passport photo in white background. It should be 5.5cm * 5.5cm (207px * 207px)
How to apply for Kenya Tourist Visa online
1. Go to www.ecitizen.go.ke.
2. Click Create an Account
3. Click Create Account under eVisa Visitors- This account is for nationals who require a visa to enter the Republic of Kenya.
4. Once successfully registered and logged in, Select Department of Immigration services.
5. Select submit Application.
6. Select Kenyan Visa.
7. Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully.
8. Fill out the application form.
9. Pay Using visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
10. Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
11. Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
Entry Requirements (On Arrival)
• Passport Valid for at least Six Months
• At least One Blank page in your passport
• eVisa Printout from www.eCitizen.go.ke
• Travel itinerary
• Supporting letter e.g. letter from company or Invitation letter for business visits/family visits. or
• Hotel bookings/details about places to visit if going as tourist
• Yellow fever vaccination certificate*
*This one’s only recommended but I strongly suggest that you get it anyway because some immigration officers tend to ask for it
Border in Kenya from Tanzania
51 USD – Single entry visa (Business or Tourism) valid for 90 days
21 USD- Transit visa
101 USD- East Africa Tourist visa (not yet available online but coming soon)