EAST AFRICA VISA GUIDE
East Africa Tourist Visa guide (EAV) for Philippine Passports and most others
This is a joint tourist visa that entitle holders to travel to and within the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for the purpose of tourism. East Africa Tourist Visa is valid for 90 days, multiple entry.
• A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism- Philippine passport holders included.
• The holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying another visa fee. Applications for this visa can be lodged at any of the diplomatic representation of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices/ selected borders of the respective countries or online where applicable
• The holder shall also be allowed to move out of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda; and return without having to pay for another visa. This will only be applicable in the period of 90 days.
– How to apply for EAV if entering first in the Republic of Kenya
As of September 2015, the Immigration of Kenya now requires a visa prior to entry into The Republic of Kenya including Philippine passport holders, which can be applied online at www.ecitizen.go.ke. As of writing, online visa application for EAV is still underway so for now, you can only get EAV in the airport or major land borders of Kenya.
Requirements to be presented upon arrival
Valid travel document not less than six months
Colored passport photo in white background
Hotel bookings/Contact details of host
Yellow fever vaccination certificate*
Visa fee of 100 USD
*This one’s only recommended but I strongly suggest that you get it anyway because some immigration officers tend to ask for it
– How to apply for EAV if entering first in the Republic of Uganda
You can apply for a visa online, at the airport or major land borders for 100 USD. In my case, I applied at the border as I was coming from Uganda. They only asked for my passport. That’s it. No other questions. Still, I would suggest to prepare the following documents just in case:
Hotel booking/ Address and other contact details of host
– How to apply for EAV if entering first in the Republic of Rwanda
1) Rwanda allows for online visa application. To do this, visit their website
2) Select East African Tourist Visa from the Type of Visa dropdown list
3) Fill out the rest of the requested information accordingly. Note that the following details will also be requested:
Address in Rwanda (host/ hotel)
Proposed entry point
Invitation letter from host/ Hotel Booking
4) In 3- 5 days, you will receive an email from the Immigration of Rwanda with your East Africa Tourist Visa acceptance letter.
5) Print out the letter and present to the Immigration officer upon your arrival at your stated entry point in Rwanda and pay the visa fee of 100 USD
6) Make sure that you have at least one blank page available in your passport